Glenroy West Primary School is a Kindergarten to Year 6 co-educational learning community. At the very heart of our purpose is the pursuit of excellence. We aim to continuously improve the quality of education for every child in every classroom. We strive to develop internationally minded, globally competent learners who have a strong sense of self, and an awareness and acceptance of international diversity. We encourage every member of our school community to be compassionate global citizens and active lifelong learners.
Commitment to Child Safety
Parents are welcomed and take an active part in many school activities thus becoming partners with teachers in developing positive educational outcomes for their children to be safe, happy and empowered. We support and respect all children, as well as our staff and volunteers. We are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children. There is zero tolerance of child abuse, and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently with our robust policies and procedures. We meet our legal and moral obligations to contact authorities when we are worried about a child’s safety, which we follow rigorously.
Glenroy West Primary School is committed to preventing child abuse and identifying risks early, and removing and reducing these risks. We have robust human resources and recruitment practices for all staff and volunteers. Our school is committed to regularly training and educating our staff and volunteers on child abuse risks. As a community we support and respect all children, as well as our staff and volunteers. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children, the cultural safety of children from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability. Glenroy West Primary School has specific policies, procedures and training in places that support our leadership team, staff and volunteers to achieve these commitments.
Together we inspire and grow to achieve great outcomes!
1:1 iPad program:
Glenroy West Primary School is excited to begin our 1:1 iPad program for students in Years 3 - 6 in 2016. For families who do not own their own iPad and are interested in purchasing an iPad for their child, please visit our iPad portal. The BYO IPad Handbook and the Acceptable Use Agreement ihas been distributed to all Year 3-6 students. Digital copies of the handbook are available here.
* We welcome our new Assistant Principal Emma Fuller to the team at Glenroy West Primary School.
* Year 3-6 students are all set to compete in the School Athletics Day on Wednesday 24th August. They are ready to score points for the four school houses - Chapman, Clovelly, William and York.
* Multicultural Day for 2016 is being celebrated on Thursday 25th August, beginning with a parade of nations in the Hall at 9:30am. Check for the notice being sent home for more information.
* For an updated copy of our Community calendar, please download here.
* Term 3 ends on Friday 16th September, with a special assembly and early dismissal at 2:30pm.
* Our whole school Assembly will be changing to Friday afternoons, beginning at 2:30pm, from the first week in Term 3.
* Photos from the official opening of the York St Kindergarten:
Pascoe Vale state Labor MP Lizzie Blandthorn at York St Kindergarten opening
Glenroy West Primary School is a candidate school* for the Primary Years Programme. This school is pursuing authorization as an IB World school. These are schools that share a common philosophy - a commitment to high quality, challenging, international education that Glenroy West School believes is important for our students.
Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its three academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), or the Diploma Programme.
* Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted.